Bristol Photo Festival is new and innovative international photography festival based in Bristol. It produces national, international solo and group exhibitions, talks, events, workshops and training through a partnership model of collaboration with all the key photography, visual arts and cultural venues in the city. Bristol Photo Festival is developing a Creative Committee to work collaboratively with the festival team, city venue and community partners.
This is a new committee with 3 vacant positions which will sit alongside the Festival Director- Tracy Marshall, Education & Engagement Director – Alejandro Acin and Bristol based artist and academic Amak Mahmoodian.
It is our desire to have a diverse and innovative committee with a wide breadth of experience, age and representation and we have created a job spec on this basis. As an entirely remotely based committee we welcome applicants from all international bases as well as locally based.
The Creative Committee will:
– Selecting two more exhibiting artists/collectives for the first edition of the festival in 2021: “A Sense of Place”.
— Decide the artistic theme of the second edition with an initial selection of artists for the programme in the main festival venues for 2022/2023.
– Consult on future partnerships & collaborations.
These positions are freelance and will require a commitment of 35 hours over an 18-month period to begin January 2021. Meetings and all interactions will be undertaken via Zoom. Fee for this role will be £1000 and paid in 4 stages throughout the term.
– Two year’s experience working in the arts – this can be within a voluntary or professional capacity.
– A passion and interest in contemporary photography and/or visual archives.
– An understanding of the aims and objectives of Bristol Photo Festival
– Demonstrable commitment to teamworking and collaborative ethos.
To apply send CV alongside a short covering document to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Creative Committee laying out how you meet the above spec and feel you can contribute to the Creative Committee for the festival.
DEADLINE November 13, 2020 Midnight (GMT +1)